National Mango Board Jungle Hunt Twitter Party Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. TWITTER ACCOUNT IN GOOD STANDING REQUIRED.
1. ENTRY PERIOD: The National Mango Board Jungle Hunt Twitter Party Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) starts on February 24, 2014 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on February 25, 2014 at 2:00 PM ET (The “Promotion Period”). The #Mangos4MowgliTwitterParty (the “Twitter Party”) begins February 25, 2014 at 1:00 PM ET and ends on February 25, 2014 at 2:00 PM. The Promotion consists of two separate promotions, the “Early Sweepstakes” and the “Twitter Party Sweepstakes”. The Early Entry Sweepstakes begins on February 24, 2014 at 10:00 AM ET and ends on February 25, 2014 at 1:00 PM ET (the “Early Entry Period”) and consists of three (3) separate sweepstakes. The Twitter Party Sweepstakes begins February 25, 2014 at 1:00 PM ET and ends on February 25, 2014 at 2:00 PM (the “Twitter Party Entry Period”) and consists of ten (10) separate sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees (and their immediate families (parent, child, spouse or sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in their same households, whether or not related) of The Motherhood, Inc. (“Administrator”), the Participating Bloggers (defined below), Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures (“Disney”), the National Mango Board (“Sponsor,” collectively with Administrator, Disney and Sponsor, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and their respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter or win. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, Participating Blog and/or judges, which are binding and final on matters relating to this Promotion. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Disney is not responsible for the administration, selection of winners or fulfillment of prizing in the Promotion. The Promotion is in no way affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Promotion, you must be a registered member of Twitter with an account in good standing (each an “Account”). Registration for Twitter is free and can be obtained by going to www.twitter.com and filling out the required information to “Sign up for Twitter.”
(a) EARLY ENTRY SWEEPSTAKES: Periodically during the Early Entry Period, Administrator will tweet three (3) questions from @theMotherhood with a call out to enter the Early Sweepstakes (each an “Early Tweet Question”). Each Early Tweet Question represents an independent sweepstakes with an independent drawing for a prize. In order to enter one of the Early Entry Sweepstakes, complete all of the following steps during the Early Entry Period:
Step 1: Sign into your Account and become a follower of @theMotherhood25 and @Mango_Board by going to http://www.twitter.com/theMotherhood and http://twitter.com/Mango_Board and clicking on “Follow”.
Step 2: Look for the Early Tweet Question from @theMotherhood.
Step 3: Respond to an Early Tweet Question using @Reply, adding the hashtag #Mangos4Mowgli (the “Hashtag”) and correctly (if applicable) answering the question posed for one (1) entry into the corresponding Early Entry Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per Early Tweet Question, per Account. Completion of all three steps for each Early Tweet is collectively referred to herein as an “Early Entry”.
All Early Entries into each Early Entry Sweepstakes must be received within one (1) hour of the applicable Early Entry Question in order to be eligible for the corresponding Early Entry Sweepstakes (each an “Early Entry Close Time”).
(b) TWITTER PARTY SWEEPSTAKES: Periodically during the Twitter Party Entry Period, Administrator will tweet ten (10) questions from @theMotherhood25 with a call out to enter the Twitter Party Sweepstakes (each a “Twitter Party Question”). Each Twitter Party Question represents an independent sweepstakes with an independent drawing for a prize. In order to enter one of the Twitter Party Sweepstakes, complete all of the following steps during the Twitter Party Entry Period:
Step 1: Sign into your Account and become a follower of @theMotherhood25 and and @Mango_Board by going to http://www.twitter.com/theMotherhood25 and http://www.twitter.com/Mango_Board and clicking on “Follow”.
Step 2: Sign into your Account during the Twitter Party and look for a Twitter Party Question from @theMotherhood25. Questions will be asked every 5 minutes beginning at 1:00 p.m. ET. The Twitter Party Questions will begin with Q and the question number.
Step 3: Respond to a Twitter Party Question using @Reply, adding the hashtag #Mangos4Mowgli (the “Hashtag”) and correctly (if applicable) answering the question posed for one (1) entry into the Twitter Party Entry Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per Twitter Party Question, per Account. Completion of all three steps for each Twitter Party Question is collectively referred to herein as an “Twitter Party Entry,” and collectively with the Early Entries, the “Entries”.
All Twitter Party Entries into each Twitter Party Sweepstakes must be received within five (5) minutes of the applicable Twitter Party Question in order to be eligible for the corresponding Twitter Party Sweepstakes (each a “Twitter Party Entry Close Time”).
The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for Entries that are not received for any reason, or for Entries that are received but are not decipherable for any reason. Administrator will automatically disqualify:
• Any incomplete or illegible Entry;
• Any Entries that are received in excess of the entry limit described above;
All Entries must be received by the date and time stated in the applicable Early Tweet or Twitter Party Tweet to be eligible. Entries received from any person or Account in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Important Note: Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. If you opt to receive Administrator’s posts and messages via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers), standard text messaging rates, airtime and carrier charges will apply for each text message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier.
4. DRAWINGS AND WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner(s) for the Early Entry Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible Early Entries received for the applicable Early Entry Question on or about one (1) hour after the applicable Early Entry Close Time. Potential winners for the Twitter Party Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible Twitter Party Entries received for the applicable Twitter Party Question within approximately five (5) minutes after the applicable Twitter Party Entry Close Time. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received for each sweepstake. Potential winner(s) will be notified via a tweet from @theMotherhood25 or a Direct Message to their Twitter Account. It is each entrant’s responsibility to timely check his/her Account for any direct messages or @Replies from Administrator and to ensure that entrant’s Account settings allow entrant to receive Direct Messages and replies. Potential winners may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within seven (7) days of date of issuance and follow all other instructions provided by Administrator. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or a potential winner is not in compliance with these rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. If a potential winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein.
5. PRIZES: There are three (3) prizes to be won in the Early Entry Sweepstakes and ten (10) prizes to be won in the Twitter Party Sweepstakes: each winner will receive a Disney’s The Jungle Book Diamond Edition, Kuhn Paring Knife, assortment of mangos, each with an approximate retail value of $50. The specific prize awarded to each winner will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All details of the prizes are determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, including the specific type, make, model or color of any prize or any other prize specification. Any prizes depicted on any point of sale or advertising are for marketing purposes only. Actual prizes may differ. A prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prize elements may not be separated. In the event any portion of a prize cannot be awarded as stated, that portion of the prize will go unawarded. Costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically stated herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winners. No interest will be awarded on cash prizes. Prizes are subject to availability, non-transferable, non-negotiable, non-refundable, and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. Any difference in the stated ARV and actual fair market value of a prize will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. All taxes (including, without limitation, state and federal income taxes) and the reporting consequences thereof associated with the use and acceptance of a prize are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the prize value. Released Parties (defined below) make no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Promotion. Gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions of their issuer. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
6. PUBLICITY GRANT: Each winner, by acceptance of prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered or garbled entries or email; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of Entries, the announcement of the prize(s) or in any Promotion-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading materials from or use of the web site. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Promotion or any website or blog or who are in violation of these Official Rules or the Twitter Terms of Service, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Promotion at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to, should any portion of the Promotion be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Entrants, by participating, agree that Sponsor, The Motherhood, Participating Bloggers, Disney and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Promotion. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same Account, the authorized subscriber of the Account, as determined by Twitter, Inc., at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
8. DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Promotion or the determination of a winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
9. WINNERS LIST: The names of the winners will be announced by @theMotherhood25 on Twitter during the applicable drawing and can also be obtained by writing The Motherhood at email@example.com after February 26, 2014. Vermont residents may omit postage. All requests must be received by March 31, 2014.
Sponsored by: The National Mango Board